Friday, 9 November 2012

Little Ballet Bea

Good Morning,
Happy Friday to you all!!  Today I want to share a card I have made using an adorable Teddy Bea image that I won recently.


Quite different from my last card - lots of detail going on in this one!!  I'm not really a hearts and flowers type of girl and really do struggle when a card calls for flowers as this one really did.  So, needless to say, this card took me ages to make.  The gorgeous image - Teddy Bea 214 - was such fun to colour and really took no time at all, it was the rest of the card that caused the problems. I tried so many different layouts that I had to walk away from it and come back the next day :0)  Got there in the end though!!


Teddy Bea's close-up shot!! 

Most of the cards I have seen using her have coloured her in pink so I thought I would go for something completely different and as the papers I have used are some of my all time faves, coloured her to match.  I have added some Glamour Dust to her skirt but it is not really showing up in the pictures.

Ingredients:-
Medium - Promarkers, Derwent Pencils and Weathered Wood DI
Papers - Prima Jack & Jill Collection "Ode To Joy"
Flowers - Prima Sprites 3
Flower centres - Memory Box Cherry Blossom
Butterfly - Martha Stewart Punch
Card - Martha Stewart Around The Page Punch
Flourishes - Memory Box Macarena Corner
Bow - Seam Binding coloured with Promarker to match
Pearls, Brads and Lace - stash

So that's my little offering for today. I hope you like it :0)
Hugs
Denise xx

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
Divas By Design #60 - Let's Get Cute
Flutterby Wednesdays #213 - Anything Goes with a Butterfly or Fairy
Bearly Mine #60 - Anything Goes




31 comments:

ahlers5 said...

So beautiful, Denise. The coloring is simply stunning and the layout is perfect. I love it!

Clairebears said...

Oooooooooo I love it! Teddy Bea looks just sooooo beautiful in these colours :0)
Thanks for sharing it with us at Teddy Bo's Challenge :0)
Love Clairebears x

Doreen said...

Gorgeous card,love the fab image.xxx

Mary J said...

Gorgeous card, Denise - the colours are fab and what fantastic fur colouring!

Wishcraft said...

Beautiful hun! Love the colours and cute image, and the around the page punch looks fab :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Faye said...

What wonderful colours. I would never have put these together but they look gorgeous. Pretty details and lovely colouring too. X

jan farnworth said...

very pretty thanks for joining us at fbw.

Danni said...

Gorgeous card! Adorable image! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

Tracy said...

I'm so glad you went in this color direction. I love it! You may not be a hearts and flowers girl but these flowers are amazing. I love the texture and dimension on them. Gorgeous card Denise!

Riet said...

So wonderful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.


Hugs Riet.xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous sweetie. Love the punch around the page layout.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Suzilou said...

These stamps are so cute, have a couple myself, surprise surprise haven't used them yet lol.

I love the colour combination and your flowers are fab as is the way you have used the butterfly :) xx

gina g said...

Gorgeous card i love your image choice and beautiful colours. Thanks for joining us at Teddy Bo this time. luv gina xx

coops said...

so gorgeous denise.your colours are stunning and i love the sweet bear :D

xx coops xx

Louise said...

Gorgeous card! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at the Teddy Bo Challenge :) xxx

Rosietoes said...

Beautiful card. Love the colours and the lo. x
Edna x

Judy said...

Oh, this is so so so pretty!!! Love those colors, and the design is fabulous.

:)
Judy

Sonia said...

A beautiful card colours are stunning. Thanks for joining in with the TeddyBo challenge this time.
Hugs Sonia xx

Chris said...

So beautiful Denise and such a gorgeous image! Love your colouring and design, the punched border is really pretty too. Same as you I'll sometimes leave something for a while before finishing, if it's not coming together, seems to do the trick. Hope you're well. Chris x

Chris said...

So beautiful Denise and such a gorgeous image! Love your colouring and design, the punched border is really pretty too. Same as you I'll sometimes leave something for a while before finishing, if it's not coming together, seems to do the trick. Hope you're well. Chris x

Jules said...

Hi Denise

This is a really lovely make. Such a cute image and you have worked with gorgeous colours too.

Thank you for entering my little quiz last week. Sorry you didn't win :-(

Hope you had a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

DesignerDiva said...

A really beautiful card Denise, all your details are PERFECT!
Thanks for playing along with the Diva's this week and good luck in the challenge
Hugs Laurie x

Faith A said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

Pop's Cards said...

HI sweetie this is just gorgeous I love it, huggles Pops x x x

Laney said...

WOW!! fabulous card Denise and so beautifully coloured!thanks for joining us at BMC hope to see you again soon
hugs
laney

xxxtglxxx said...

How fabulous is this! :) Stunning card hun, love the different layers and textures and the colours work brilliantly :)

hugs

xxalisonxx

Donna said...

Oh Denise, what a totally adorable card! I LOVE the colours! You are one talented lady. Donna x

Marie said...

A very lovely looking card. Looks stunning. Thanks for joining in for last weeks challenge. I'm a bit late with my commenting as my internet died on me.
Love n hugs
Marie

RefRacBe said...

Really cute card. I like the grey and yellow colour combination.
Rachel.

Harriet Skelly said...

This is such a cute card! Thanks for playing with us at FBW!

Diane J said...

Such a stunning card, beautiful colouring of the teddybea image. Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends Monthly 'Anything Goes' Challenge, Good luck in the draw and we hope you will join us again for our next challenge.
Diane x